Pages

Follow me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My friend Karen

My friend Karen came to visit. Everyone who knows Karen knows she is a hoot. She is one of those people who add excitement to your life just by walking in the room. True to form these past few days were a
whirlwind. Truthfully, times are tough and we're a hurtin' but I promise next time you're in town we will join you on the segway tour. :-) I had not seen her in a few years and she looks amazing. Last time I saw her we were about the same weight. I've packed a few more and she took it off!!! Of course I had to ask how she did it. What she answered was not any different than everybody else I ask. Yup, diet and exercise. I think I keep asking people in hopes that someone will suggest an easier way since I don't qualify for stomach staples - yet. It's what she said next that really hit home. She said at 53 she was tired of hurting and feeling 70. OMGosh, that's me in a nut shell. I live in constant pain. Joint pain, neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain and headaches galore. Karen, you've inspired me and I hope this time I can stick to it! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment