Pages

Follow me on Pinterest

Friday, November 2, 2012

Whoa Cake

Re-dubbed  "Whoa Cake" (a.k.a. Champagne Cake). It's deceptively delicious! I say deceptively cuz, let's face it, it doesn't look all that decadent. No fancy frosting here, but man o' man that first bite makes people go: WHOA! Printed in the Fuquay-Varina Middle School recipe book by Marie Cunningham and brought to me by my good friend Susan.

Oops, forgot to include the butter but you know what that looks like. ;-)


I don't know if it makes a lick of difference but I like to mix the dry and wet separately then pour the wet into the dry ingredients.



And now the most difficult part of the whole recipe.......waiting.



Cake:

1 box yellow cake mix
1 (3oz) instant vanilla pudding
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

3/4 cups water
3/4 cups oil
1/2 cup white wine or champagne
4 eggs

Glaze:

1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup champagne or white wine

Directions:

1-Mix all cake ingredients till well blended (about 3 minutes).
2-Pour it into a non-stick bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. 
3-Let cool and invert on plate.
Now for the glaze....
4-Bring ingredients to a boil. Pour over cake while it is still warm. 
*I'm told it freezes well but I've never made it to the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment